Bailey earned both her undergraduate degree in accounting and her law degree at the University of Memphis. She is a native Memphian and a graduate of The Hutchison School.
When she graduated law school, she wasn’t sure which area of law she wanted to practice. But, after landing her first job at The Crone Law Firm, she realized she was in the right place. “Employment law is hard. It’s intensive. But it’s so rewarding. We’re standing up for people – and that is work we can feel proud of,” she says.
She reports members of the firm work closely. “Every case is a team effort. We constantly bounce ideas off each other to find solutions that are best for each client,” she says.
Bailey’s an animal lover who enjoys spending time with her own two pups. She also volunteers with the Junior League of Memphis.
Mediation Clinic University of Memphis • Stephen Shields
Student (January 2014-May 2014)
- Received TN Supreme Court Rule 31 Mediation Certification
- Shadowed Judge Claxton in a Mediation regarding USERRA
- Performed Mock Mediations in class to utilize the training of the Rule 31 Course
Downtown Memphis Commission • Paul Morris
Legal Extern Fall Semester (August 2013-December 2013)
- Performed research for the legal definition of “Public Use” in connection with the DMC project focusing on further development and better use of the downtown riverfront area.
- Researched, prepared, and filed a memorandum to City Council concerning the legality of Parking Meter issues as it relates to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Tennessee Code.
- Looked for Constitutional issues within the current Downtown Memphis sign code.
Rosenblum and Reisman Attorneys at Law • Marc Reisman, Jeff Rosenblum, & Mark Mesler
Law Clerk (May 2013-August 2013)
- Aided in the daily preparation of Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice cases within the firm.
- Answered and drafted interrogatories, summarized depositions, researched EMTALA law, and helped organize and prepare documents for trial.
- Researched and composed memoranda to senior partners for smaller, niche issues of law that arose within particular cases (automobile liens and liability of parents for a minor child’s tort).
- Met with a client to draft a motion in order to obtain funds to support her grandchildren.
Intern (Oct. 2010-March 2011)
- Shadowed Mr. Mesler in day-to-day activities of criminal defense law and helped prepare daily for cases.
- Learned how to communicate with clients and help them feel at ease in their current situation.
Lawrence & Russell, LLC • Jodi Runger, Lance Oliver, & Matt Stephens
Law Clerk (May 2012-August 2012)
- Made daily contact on cases in the field of ERISA law.
- Answered complaints and drafted motions on new cases that came into the office.
- Drafted letters based on new federal court precedent in US Airways v. McCutchen [663 F. 3d 671 (2011)] and CGI v. Rose [683 F.3d 1113 (2012)].
- University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law (2011-2014)
Juris Doctor, Memphis, TN
- Dean’s Award for Excellence, Best Oral Advocate 2012
- Guest Lecturer, Concorde Career College: Legal Considerations in the Practice of Dental Hygiene. April and December 2013, August 2014
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity (2011-2014), Social Chair (2013-2014), Regional Leadership Conference (September 2013)
- Hutchison School Young Alumnae Committee (2011-2013)
- University of Memphis Cum Laude (2007-2011)
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, Memphis, TN
- Sigma Alpha Lambda Honors Fraternity
- Dean’s List (2008-2009)
- Delta Gamma Fraternity